In The Real God: How He Longs for You to See Him, Chip Ingram talks about how people’s problems often stem from a distorted view of God. The book studies seven attributes of God: His goodness, sovereignty, holiness, wisdom, justice, love, and faithfulness.
Oak Tree’s Book Discussion Questions for The Real God
- What was your favorite chapter – and why? (The Sovereignty of God, The Holiness of God, The Wisdom of God, etc.)
- Do you feel like you have a distorted view of God? How has this affected your life?
- On page 207, Ingram says, “God emotionally identifies with your pain, joy, hopes, and dreams, and has chosen to allow your happiness to affect his own (John 11: 33-36).” What do you think about this statement?
- Ingram says that God reveals his goodness to us through natural blessings, specific deliverance, and through Jesus. How have you seen God’s goodness revealed in your own life?
- On page 197, Ingram writes that when Christians encounter injustice, they can take comfort in God’s justice, citing examples such as when we get ripped off financially or passed over for a promotion. What was a time in your life when you took comfort in God’s justice?